January 25, 2011 | |

WhereCity.com - Articles - My Dances with Light


The tide ebbs and flows between the rocks reminding me of the eternity of nature and my own mortality. Just as they say "time and tide wait for no man." Baba Muktandanda said that a graveyard is the best place for spiritual practices because it reminds you of your own limited life. I say the ocean is equally effective.
Come and join me sometime 200 feet into the ocean ! Take pictures, meditate, record the lapping of water against the rocks and bask in clear sunshine. You will find everything scintillating with light. This was the birth of CoalWorks.
An exhibition followed that showcased my dances with light, both out on the rocks and inside. I saw the 3-dimensional world reflected onto a 2-dimensional film, read more...

Related Posts with Thumbnails